Best Buys

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Exergaming - My fitness Diary





My Date with fitness goes on. As you all know I am trying to be fit and achieve my ideal weight.
I am working towards it with things I enjoy doing and healthy lifestyle.
These days as it is raining I cant go for my walks and hence many a times I am trapped indoors.
As the saying goes -" where there is a will there is a way".
I have started exercising with Exergaming, and already in love with it.

Definition of Exergaming according to Wikipedia.
Exergaming or exer-gaming (a portmanteau of "exercise" and "gaming") is a term used for video games that are also a form of exercise. Exergaming relies on technology that tracks body movement or reaction. The genre has been credited with upending the stereotype of gaming as a sedentary activity, and promoting an active lifestyle.
Basically players perform physically while playing a game hence mixing games and exercise together providing a good cardio/ aerobic workout. It can include dancing, aerobics, martial arts, yoga, tennis etc. depending upon the game.
Video game console - Kinect for Xbox 360, PlayStation Move,  Wii Fit provide Exergaming (motion censored game playing)
 
Personally I love Exergaming.
I enjoy the games and it feels like play and not slogging your ass working out. I love the fact that I am in charge of the varying intensity, the routine and the time limit. I can take a breather whenever I feel like. But the charm lies there in as I don't feel like taking a break, I enjoy it so much that I am pushing myself harder every time.
My Favorite is dancing, boxing, yoga. Its very easy to lose around 160 calories in half an hour with dancing.
Its like your personal dance class in your home, workplace anywhere at your disposal. Its a definitely new form of exercising which is catching up.
I definitely am for it in todays busy schedule and technology(laziness).
I have lost inches if not weight using this in one week.
I use Kinect for Xbox and it sure is awesome. I use dance central(love it) and active sports games, which is free on the purchase of Kinect.


 


Other games I am lusting after are zumba dance fitness, yoga.

Ciao

Stay fit and Healthy!

xoxo
Bhakti

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like